Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mini Witch Hat

So my 2 year old was going to be a witch. So I made her dress from a pattern and then I was stuck on her hat. I couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere so I made up my own. I only took one picture while I was making it because I wasn't sure it was going to come together, but I took lots of pictures after it was finished and I'll go through the steps with you.
Yes, this is a cereal box. Cut your circle however large you want it on your kid's head, then the cone takes a little playing with. But I made my short and squat. :) Cover them with faric.


 I added a little puff of matching tulle from her dress just to tie it together. Embellish as you'd like. then I hot glued the cone on top of the tulle. Press down firmly.
 You can see here that I had to add a circle of satin just to cover the wrapped around piece. I melted the edge so it wouldn't fray.
 I added a comb (acutally, I tried a head band first and it wasn't as sturdy as I wanted it, so I did a comb) :D

 Put on your adorable witch.
Then go make a matching one for you because it's sassy!
Happy Halloween!!
~A~

1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable! I just love it. So creative as well.

    ReplyDelete