Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Decorating

Now I'm not going to make any secret of the fact that Christmas is my favorite holiday, but I love the colors of fall. I live in Alaska so our fall is only about three weeks, in fact, it is snowing outside right now. All the leaves have already fallen so it doesn't feel like "fall" anymore. However, it's fall in my house. :D I've done a few super easy projects to bring in a little of the colors of fall and the feeling of the season in my home.
 This little guy we got on sale (3.99!) from Michaels, and he's supposed to go outside, but my two year old thinks he's a buddy so I don't think he'll ever make in any further than the entry. Super cute though!
 Okay, I made this last year so I don't have how to pictures, but it was pretty simple. get a few bunches of fall flowers, a witch hat and some cute, wide wired ribbon. Pull off the heads of flowers and start hot gluing them to the brim, add foilage to create fullness.
 Top off with a cute bow (mine is crooked on purpose)
 And you've got a cute table centerpiece! (I suppose you could wear it if you wanted to, but I'm not a hat kinda gal so I like it for decoration better)
 This one was super easy. Get one of those twine harvest horns (with a flat back) and put two bunches of fall flowers from you favorite craft store. Preferably one with a lot going on. Mine has leaves and berries and pine cones, acorns, and of course several types of flowers. You kind of weave them together so they stick together instead of looking like two kinds of bunches. Hang it on the wall and you're done! Decorating for dummies! (me lol!)

 Okay, this one I just did. Get one of these stick wreaths
 two lengths of leaf garlands
 Tuck the ends in a few inches away from each other.
 And wind around, (I found finishing one, then doing the other was easier than trying to do both at once)
And you're done! (Yes, that is my hand, my wreath hanger has gone missing and I need to find it.)
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment